Tuesday, January 12, 2010

My poor Harry Callahan impersonation












I saw the Harry Callahan photo exhibit this past
weekend at the Boston Museum of Fine Arts.
This image is obviously not a Callahan image but a rather
derivative rip off shot I took in the winter of 2009.
It was nice to see an exhibit of small prints for a
change, a wonderful mix of mostly B&W and color images
that included his images of his wife and daughter, street shots,
multiple exposures and his fabulously understated
landscapes. I have been trying to copy his landscapes for years.
And I learned that Callahan would often revisit places that
he had previously photographed over and over again. I took
great solace learning that, being a perpetual re-visitor of
places that I have already photographed.

No comments:

Post a Comment